Sunday, August 8, 2010

katy perry + jess = BFF

Lately I've become a little (a lot) obsessed with Katy Perry. I think that Katy Perry and I would most definitely be BFFs. I know that this is very much stereotypical of my teeny bopper tendencies, but out of all the celebs (Miley, T. Swift, Selena Gomez, etc etc) Katy Perry would totally be my friend in real life. I'm also aware that if you don't know me this probably makes me seem a little delusional, ehhh you'll have that. I'm ok with the judgement.

It was not love at first sight, or first listen for me. I remember hearing "I Kissed a Girl" for the first time on the radio and thinking something along the lines of "ugh, this is awful and gimmicky ". Then I heard it a few more times that summer and slowly started to become a major fan and enjoyed the fact that she didn't take herself too seriously and it was just a fun summer song.

Later that summer I went to Warped Tour for the first time ever. Katy Perry was performing and I was excited to see her live. My little bro was too cool to see Katy Perry and was off at one of the other stages, so I rocked out alone. She was wearing a really cute outfit and this just further ignited my love of her. I took a really snazzy photo at her merch booth:
warpedtour

Let's fast forward to my current love for Katy Perry. My roommate once said, "You are the Katy Perry in my life", I don't know if I have ever received a better compliment. I love "California Gurls" and it's a perfect summer song, but the real obsession started to grow with the release of the single "Teenage Dream". I started watching a lot of interviews on YouTube of Katy Perry and this is where I've come to the conclusion that we would totally be friends in real life.

Katy Perry is super quirky, girlie, and chill and that's why I'm pretty sure we'd be friends. We could go on really random adventures and we'd obviously be really adorable. Her style is cute and unique without being GaGa crazy. She got a cute strawberry tattoo and gave it a name, which is something I would totally do too. She's been compared to Punky Brewster, and oh wait who was my doppleganger on Facebook, oh that's right Punky Brewster. These are just a few similarities and reasons why Katy Perry and I would be BFFs. So Katy Perry if you google yourself and some how discover this and want to be BFFs I'm game.

As for now I'm waiting for August 24th when her album comes out(it's going to smell like cotton candy!!!) and I'll just have to continue embarrassing myself by singing "Teenage Dream" at red lights and getting too into it and having really cool friends like Caitlin Heinlen see me and call me out for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment