Sunday, January 3, 2010

my first blog.

Hey heyyy! So it’s January 3, 2010 and this is my first blog of the new year… and ever! It’s one of my New Years Resolutions, but I’ll get to that a little later. First, I’d like to take a little time to talk about 2009.

I’ve had some pretty ridiculous times in the past year. I co-hosted a Miss America party. I later met Miss America 2008 and she has the same favorite Disney princess as me, Jasmine. She also liked my boots and we high fived. No big deal. The Pittsburgh Steelers won their 6th Super Bowl. The Pittsburgh Penguins won their 3rd Stanley Cup. I went tubing down the Shenandoah River. I traveled to NYC for CMJ with WXJM.
My apartment had to be fumigated for bed bugs causing me to pack up all my belongings and put them into storage for the 4 hour treatment.

I experienced a lot of firsts in 2009. I went to Washington DC for the first time. I was in my first wedding. I celebrated St. Patty’s day in Pittsburgh for the first time and drank green beer for my first time all in one day. I went on my first alternative break to Winterpark, Florida. I cried at an animated movie for the first time, Up in 3D. I cried at an animated movie for the second time as well, The Princess and the Frog, thanks a lot Disney. I stuck gum under a table for the first time. I ate at WaWa for the first time and I had my first birthday party at JMU. There are probably other firsts too that I just can’t remember. 2009 was a pretty big year.

All these experiences and things I’ve done over the past year would mean nothing without all the incredible people that are in my life. I feel like I’ve become so much closer to a lot of the people I already knew over the last year. In addition to the people I already knew I also met an amazing group of people that have a huge piece of my heart. 2k9 became tooka9 and my life changed. I am so honored to have been able to meet such inspiring people. A year ago I had no idea what was in store for me. I knew I was chosen to be an Orientation Peer Advisor and thought I knew what that meant, but I really had no idea. I’d just like to thank you all for everything you’ve done for my year and can’t wait to see what we get ourselves into for twentyten. I am thankful for finding some of my life long best friends in this year.

Ok, so enough with my mushiness, moving on to the reason for this blog. Like I mentioned at the beginning it’s one of my New Years Resolutions to start a blog so here it is! I don’t really have a reason for why this was one of my resolutions it just is and I guess we’ll see how successful I am at this one.

Some of my other resolutions include, but are not limited to:

  • Run a 5-k before I graduate. This may not seem like a big task for most people, but I hate running a lot. The first time I even ran a mile was sophomore year of college. I always walked at least some of it in high school. This is another one of those resolutions that I don’t really know why I want to do it I just do.
  • Eat breakfast. This is basically to prevent me from being crazy. I don’t have big gaps in my schedule for lunch this semester, so if I don’t eat breakfast I’m probably going to be really moody and no one will want to be my friend.
  • Keep my room clean(er) than last semester. I don’t really know what qualifies as “clean” but to me I know what “cleaner” is. I’m going to be a grown up soon and I think keeping my room clean is going to help me be a better grown up.
  • See ya later snooze button. I’ve gotten into a really bad habit of hitting the snooze button basically a million times. It just needs to stop.

That’s it for my first blog. I don’t expect the others will be this long but I had a lot to say about the end of one year and the start of a next! I also have no idea what I’m going to blog about in the future so stick around to see what random thoughts I come up with!

Tootles!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the blogging, Jess! I have a feeling that this will be a hilaaaaarrrrious blog if you ever have time to sit down to write, crazy crazy person who is always doing too much. This is why I love you. I'm going to blog-high-five you, then direct you to mine...haha averyeliades.wordpress.com

    P.S. Hang out/dinner date (Maggie and I can cook here) when you get back? --Avery

    ReplyDelete