Thursday, September 29, 2011

being 24: the recap

here's a little recap on my 24 things to do while i'm 24 list:

  1. Watch the sun rise at Reddish Knob.- i still haven't done this yet, but i'm thinking this will be added to my 25 list i'm currently creating.
  2. Send Christmas Cards - i failed with this one too. then i thought about sending new years cards and failed on that. then valentine's cards and failed on that. then i thought about picking a random miscellaneous holiday like national peanut butter day and still failed. maybe this will be carried over to 25 as well
  3. Try out for the roller derby. I did this one and am still a part of the league! Check out my post about my freshmeat try out experience here!
  4. Go on a trip somewhere I've never been. i explored staunton a bit and even though it is so close i had never been! there's still some more exploring down there i'm looking forward to doing.
  5. Get a new tattoo. i haven't done this yet, but hoping that i make this happen for 25!
  6. Decorate the top of my desk. i decided to scrap this one. i ended up not really love the desk i had and have since donated it to goodwill. i have since then purchased the greatest craft table ever and have no need to decorate it. it is wonderful as is.
  7. Organize my OPA box. i haven't completed this either. i have made some progress and purchased a mini book from here in JMU colors. so there has been some improvement!
  8. Eat less fast food. i didn't really measure this or anything, but i'm going to go ahead and say that i succeeded in this. i'm definitely more aware of grabbing fast food and do my best to avoid it as much as possible.
  9. Have a Miss America party. i had my second ever miss america party with the one and only emza! you can check out photos and a recap from our evening here
  10. Open an Etsy account. i opened an etsy account, but haven't made anything for it yet. i did make some of my first ever etsy purchases and love them!
  11. Experiment with video. i haven't done any of the actual video myself, but i have started a collaboration with my dear friend, tyler, and we've released 2 videos and have two more in the works now. you can see our videos here and some behind the scenes of filming here.
  12. Get a haircut I like a lot. i've done this one 3 times! i don't really have any stellar pictures of my most recent hair cut at the moment. you'll just have to see me in real life to see it. i've gotten bangs & went dark to collar bone length + bangs to a part edgy part adorable bob!
  13. Go to the National Zoo. i haven't done this either but still reallllly want to see the pandas!!!
  14. Get on a regular work out schedule. i would say that joining the roller derby has really helped out on this one. working out at least 3 times a week with the team is a major improvement over my nothing before that!
  15. Go to a Drive-In. i accomplished this a few weeks ago! andrew, emza, and i when to lexington to check out 30 minutes or less at the drive in. they played old commercials about the snack bar (which was closed that night:-( ) and cartoons counting down to the start of the movie. i can't wait to go again next season!
  16. Find a favorite flower. i'm still a terrible girl and don't have a favorite flower.
  17. Get better at walking in heels. i've been wearing heals at least once a week to work, most weeks at least! i've definitely improved, but i'm still not an all star.
  18. Buy something from the farmers market. i'm really sad i didn't do this either :(
  19. Create a focus for my website. i'm still in the process of this, but it should be better by the end of the year!
  20. See Katy Perry perform live. I DID THIS AND I LOVE HER. you can read about the concert here and how i was a finalist and almost got to meet her here. still super sad i didn't win :(
  21. Sew something from a pattern. another thing that i failed at doing. at the time i made this list i didn't know how restricting my room was for crafts.
  22. Find a place to volunteer. i've done some volunteer with the rocktown rollers but am still on the prowl for something else too. i contacted big brothers big sisters but my schedule is just too crazy right now for a weekly commitment. i know i'm lame.
  23. Put yummy smelling candles in my room (and avoid starting a fire). i did this! sweet pea is my favorite sent right now and no fires were started!
  24. Do something nice for my parents not on a holiday, just because. i call them randomly. does that count?
so there is a recap. it was a lot harder to do all this things than i thought! what was i doing with my life?! 24 was a crazy whirl wind of a year and i am currently looking forward to 25. the five days i've been 25 have been pretty good so far. i'm working on figuring out my 25 things list and hopefully will do better this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment