Monday, January 3, 2011

my twenty-ten.

It has been exactly 365 days since my first blog post. You can find it here. It was one of my New Year's resolutions for 2010. I know I didn't run a 5-k or use my snooze button less. Some of my other resolutions I can't remember if I did - how am I supposed to remember if I ate breakfast or kept my room cleaner? I'm assuming no on that last one. Writing a blog is the only resolution I kept for 2010 and I am content with that.

A lot has happened in the last year and I'd like to share a bit of that with you. There's going to be a lot of pictures and other gems. [Which means a lot of scrolling.] If you've got cooler things to do and just want to get to the juicy deets you can skip down to the bottom for my 2011 resolutions, but I'm just saying all the other stuff is probably cooler then what you'll find there. Here goes...

Things I did...

I won an intramural championship (or 2 or 3).


I got a new tattoo.


I snagged a super cute boyfriend.


I played tambourine at open mic night.


I graduated.


I went to my first homecoming as a JMU alum.


Here's some more stuff I did that I don't have photos of...
I streaked the quad, I cried at Toys Story 3 (all three times i saw it), I went skinny dipping, I got my first job and my first big girl apartment.

Trips I took...

I took some JMU friends to Pittsburgh. (photos taken here.)


I road some roller coasters at Cedar Point.


I went to Tulls Bay with my MGL loves.


I went to Richmond & got an official tour from Emza.


I went to Busch Gardens with O-team kiddies.



I had a romantic weekend with Steve... I mean I went to Deep Creek with my home pals.



I went apple picking.



Bands I saw...

(click on the band name for either a video/song I like from them & if they're on the same line it was one show.)





Beach House | Vampire Weekend (This show was my favorite of the year!)


Miniature Tigers | Freelance Whales (we didn't make it to DC in time for Mini Tiges, but the video is too good not to post.)



Steel Train | Fun. (I'm glad i saw fun. twice because both those videos are rad)

Looking back I had a ton of adventures in 2010! Not only did I do a lot I had amazing people by my side while I did it all. Even though a lot of it was great, I'm glad 2010 is over and I'm ready for 2011. I don't really have a list of resolutions this year like stop biting my nails or become a vegan. I already have this 24 things to do while i'm 24 list so adding more things to do seems silly. My resolution is to figure out how to be Jess Lonett in the grown up world.



1 comment: